• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flax

This was our first year on growing flax. Any marketing tips??

I read an article in a magazine yesterday that farmers are either growers or marketers, it is difficult to do both. It takes two different personalities. Having said that I consider myself a grower. We growers tend to not like puts and calls and options and all that other stuff. I hate to see someone else make money off my hard work. What I do with my flax is bin it 'til the price goes up. It has worked out well for me over the years.

Comment

The price of flax has been heading downward ever since new crop pricing came out last winter. Any articles I have read and everyone I have talked to is saying to be 100% sold already. Manitobia did not have a crop but is seems like Sask and Albt more than made up for MB lack of production. It seems like 30bu yields are not uncommon in my area. Plus we have our Cnd $ still sitting high.
      If it was me I would sell while the selling is good. I'm sure we are going to see a flax price that starts with a 5 before we see one that starts with a 7. If you want more $ call your stock broker or financial planner. Sell your flax and give them the money. They would have a better chance of increasing your $ without any storage or del risk, plus you are not building any bins.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...