• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did your IMC canola do this year?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did your IMC canola do this year?

This year I tried an IMC Victory RR hybrid. It did not perform for me as advertised. It was supposed to be comparable to 45H21 but I only got around 31-32 bu compared to Invigors at 50 . In years past the openpollinated IMCs yielded less but the substantial premiums made them comparable. This year I've left money on the table by growing IMC.

What are your experiences with IMC this year in particular and what kind of luck did you have with IMC hybrids?

Our 111 rr averaged around 28 bpa. Compared to as high as 45 bpa invigor in same area. Also found it amazingly hard to combine as the stems were like tree branches. Never again!

Comment

My 111 went around 22. Looked like more so disappointed. The clearfield I had was in the high 30's. And my 5070 invigor was a not so wonderful 27-28. Still pissed as it had no reason at all for this result. To hell with all the BS about pouring the N to it. The flat part of the quarter with 20 more actual lb's did a good 5 bushel poorer. They can stick their invigor where no sun shines!! I'll be pissed all winter over that one...

Comment

For whatever reason, canola in this area (south flagstaff county) did great. RR in the 40's, bin run pursuit in the 40's, and LL from the mid 40's to 55!! This is an area where the average is usually 28 and 40 is almost unheard of. I had LL5070 and it made 49. Now, if the price would just come around.

Comment

My 111 did from 22 to 28, while the hybrids on the other sides of the fence seeded the same day did 44 to 55 bpa. Even with the premiums for the IMC canola and the extremely low price for regular canola, the IMC varieties provided less return. Never again will I grow an IP canola.
          I also contracted the IMC canola for May delivery, so I couldn't harvest when everyone could go, because I had to get it dryer in order for it to keep until May. I never even thought about that when I signed on.

Comment

I had IMC V1030 and it yielded a whooping 2.5 bushels per acre. It was very high in dockage because of alot of shrivelled seeds. MY grandpa across the road from that field had 45H21 that yielded in the mid 50's. The field of IMC did not handle the stress and it was a terrible crop. They can stick the IMC where the sun dont shine I ll stick to the conventional RR's.

Comment

From what I've seen, the IMC 111 and 209 started flowering 12 to 14 days later than the H21's and LL varieties. The other hybrid varities were at 40-50% bloom before the IMC started to flower. With the dry July, that really seemed to cook the yield on the 111 and 209 varieties.
              As well, with the later flowering the diamond back moths did seem to enjoy the IMC more. However, there was some late seeded InVigor that had to be sprayed for DBM's as well, so not really variety specific but more dependent on maturity at the time the DBM's arrived.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...