• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bleach as a Herbicide

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleach as a Herbicide

Can household bleach such as clorox be used as a herbicide? I have plots that have Dandelion, Canada Thistle, Mustard and Wormwood Sage that I would like to control without using 24D or Roundup. If bleach can be used, what mixture would be effective? Any help will be appreciated.

Over the years I have heard all sorts of things about bleach. My advice is that you should be cautious and if you want to try it do so on a small plot. If you want good dandilion control, use Amitrol, it is expensive but it works. It will kill everything so my suggestion is to talk to the company rep. and let him know your situation and intentions. He was very helpful to me. If you plan on using bleach there is a better product than household bleach, it is hypochlorite, it is a stronger solution and can be purchaced at chemical outlets such as where on get swimming pool supplies.

Comment

There was a fair bit of work completed by Manitoba Ag about 10 years ago with bleach as a herbicide and the basic result was that it was ineffective as a herbicide. There were a few situations where results were minimal on wild millet but the consistency and level of control was nowhere needed to be considered to be used as a herbicide. If you're going to go to the effort of spraying something it better have a chance of working. Contact Grainews for a copy of the old article.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...