• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chemical rebates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemical rebates

Anybody else frustrated with rebates. My biggest peeve today is with the dividend/horizon/target discount on tilt. if you use enough of these you get %60 off tilt. my biggest concern is crop and chemical rotation but price might influence me to make a poor decision. if tilt was 60% off i would probably use it on all my cereal acres and would try it on some canola. why not just give us a decent price and sell more product without all the paperwork and advertising? Another one is the satelite dish you get with the use of Oddessy. If I want a dish I will buy a dish. Want I want is effective, ecconomical weed control. These programs are making it even harder for a small farmer to survive. Also from what i understand a small farm in sask is 600-1000 acres, in central alberta 600 acres is a decent size but if you grow wheat, barley, peas, canola in equal size you probably wont qualify for the tilt program at all. anybody want to explain the reasoning for these programs? sorry for naming the chemicals by name but at least i didnt use the companys name.

I hate rebates also. Why not give us a cheaper price to start. To much paper work. I farm in SE Nebr.

Comment

I have had a chance to talk to Novartis reps and asked about the program. the reply was to suggest they wanted to test the market to see how price sensitive the market was to tilt application. Like many producers in west central alberta a 60% reduction in Tilt would encourage me to use tilt on all my barley acres on a regular basis. interesting to see the results

Comment

I am like most people. I would rather see the price of a product reduced instead of applying for rebates, and waiting weeks or months for the rebate to arrive. A good product, reasonably priced will sell itself and doesn't need silly promotions to make a sale.

Comment

I am like most people. I would rather see the price of a product reduced instead of applying for rebates, and waiting weeks or months for the rebate to arrive. A good product, reasonably priced will sell itself and doesn't need silly promotions to make a sale.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...