• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Nexera canola variety

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Nexera canola variety

Does anyone know if this new variety from Dow has any improvement in "green seed" and or yeild?

Be Very cautious with what Dow has to say about their Nexara. I have grown it for two years collected ins both times & have killed my insurance coverage. The tests here in MB have been skewed due to frost so won't see too much from here. I have been out yeilded two years in a row by at least 15bu/ac compared to Leberty.
    Talk to more producers that have grown it int your area. Seems the premium is not there now to cover the risk.
    But this is my humble opinion.
    Good Luck.

Comment

I'll give another opinion....

We had a cool growing year etc,etc, but thankfully other canola came through when Nex did not.

The crop looked okay but could not handle the fall.

I lost half my yeild in the snow, and quality went down.

And to top it off , I was not left with a good impression of Dow after what I was told by them...

I could go on but don't want to ramble but the bottom line was it was not worth the economic risk with what the premium was. Personally it cost me too much money for comfort. Nice idea but didn't work .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...