• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dribbling liquid N ??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dribbling liquid N ??

A neighbor is purchasing his first airseeder and wondering how he can zerotill without too much extra cash tied up. He's thinking about going with a safe amount of seed dress fert.when he seeds and then dribbling extra N in crop. It sounds allright to me but I have no experience to help. I switched to MRB's four years ago pulling NH3 wagon after twenty years of fall or spring banding.

If he had to hire someone to custom apply that N in crop ,say at $4 an acre could he not deep band that himself for less than $4 per acre?

I guess there would be more tractor hrs and disturbing the soil more.

You would need rain soon after dribble banding just like broadcasting
    fertilizer after the crop is up.

Comment

We have a Morris Air Drill with 10" spacing & have been zero tilling for 4 years now. The mid row banders were way to expensive at the time so we dribble band on the shoulder of furrow. We have holders clipped on & let liquid go.
      I'll have to say this sure has simplified fall & spring. Your not committed until you sow the crop.Pretty good way to protect yourself from natural spring weather events.

Comment

Good idea to strap that fertilizer hose down. I have used liquid for years in many ways. It is very corosive that stuff. I used sweeps once and just dragged a 10 in. piece of hose along behind the sweep it worked good. Might just work here to?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...