• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Specialty canola or not?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Specialty canola or not?

Cargill has been around pushing their specialty canola seed. The price guarantee sound great, but the yield we get from invigor canola is untouchable. What kind of potential does this stuff have? Does the price advantage make up for the lower yield? Or can this stuff yield as well as invigor? Some feed back would be nice.

after reading the thread in commodity marketing, I think I've made up my mind..

Comment

We basically had no rain this growing season & the Invigor really shined over the round up ready 10 bushel RR to 20bu invigor. I plan to use my own seed next spring where I couldn't with the RR seed prices are getting nuts I paid $4.20/lb last spring & am told next spring that variety is something like $5.40/lb

Comment

Allfarmer, what do you mean you're planning on using your own Invigor seed next spring? I always thought you couldn't re-use hybrid seed as you would get an uneven stand.

Do you have any experience with this?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...