• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

wheat on wheat stubble

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheat on wheat stubble

anybody grow cps wheat on cps or hrs stubble. Grown for feed so I'm not concerned about volunteer but I am about take-all or other problems. In central alberta on well drained soils. What about seed treatments. Are the new ones worth the extra $ over vitavax? Thanks

CPS wheat tends to be more susceptible to diseases than HRS. Certainly, the potential for take-all root rot and leaf diseases is likely with CPS on CPS under the right environmental conditions. As far as seed treatments go, Dividend and Baytan provide some early season protection against take-all which Vitavax will not cover. In general, when deciding which seed treatment to use, take a close look at diseases or fungi controlled, cost, potential disease pressure, and diseases prevalent in your area. I find that while some products cover a wide range of diseases, not all of the diseases are an issue in all areas.

Comment

We tried CPS on HRS stubble a few times before giving it up. We consistently lost at least 15 bushel to the acre. Assumption was takeall was impacting the crop and maybe some of the new seed treatments could help that. I think we are going to see numerous producers in our area try wheat on wheat so we might get a better handle after this year

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...