• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding intentions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding intentions?

We farm in southern MB & things are still looking quite wet,with summerfallow/weeds/stuck implements, we are trying to put a spring plan together. Looks like leaning towards speciality crops like buckwheat & lentals cutting canola back & staying away from GMO. Putting in wheat due to rotation but will have to really look after it due to fusarium.We have a little flax going in and& nobody is putting it in,(opprotunity?) Anybody want to share their plans or thoughts?

Taking 1/3 acres out of production and summerfallowing. After 25 years of continueous cropping, and high cost of fert, chem, etc., have decided to go back the old system, were a person made more money even with high fuel prices. No more GMO oilseeds. Cutting canola acres. Some wheat, barley, oats. Had bumper crops last year, and lost money...so why produce more for less.

Comment

There's also some thoughts on seeding intentions in the 'Commodity' meeting room. See you there!

Comment

Going to try some peas this year 1st time and going to use some N with seed, reason for this is low N in soil test, hope to see improvement in crop start. I am also going to do some fallow this year do to cost. Have landed on a crop rotation for my land that I think will work out better in the long run. (Fallow, oil seed, cerial, pulse, cerial) My oil seed will be Mustard and Cerial is Duram for this year. Farm in southern Sask.

Comment

We have switched our rotation to pulse,canola.cereal then fallow or flax We found putting canola after pulse land gave a real boost to canola yeild with the free n

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...