• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola-Wheat-Sunflower rotation

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola-Wheat-Sunflower rotation

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have a field which was wheat last year and canola the year before. When it was canola, the field was sprayed with a fungicide and sclerotinia levels were very low. This upcoming year we are looking at sunflowers for this field. Should I be concerned about sclerotinia?

If there is any crop that can sniff out sclerotinia, it tends to be sunflowers. The potential level of infection will depend on your longer term crop rotation, levels of sclerotinia in the area in the past and the probability of conditions conducive to sclerotinia development (wet, warm). I'm interested to know where your farm is situated. I'm told by Manitoba growers that while sclerotinia can be a problem, return from confectionary sunflowers still makes it feasible.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...