• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's this for a crop?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12.71 today as lots of the crush plants will run very low in early August end of July.

Comment

Big deal farmaholic, you got one more inch than i did on june 14th, finally got another half inch last night. Sure there's some poor crops out there but quit complaining if your crops look average or better!

Comment

Forgot to mention things look not bad from the road, Walk in past the decades blow dirt along field edges and through the overlapped head lands and there is some pretty sobering things to look at. High and dry parts of the fields have short and dry growth. Anywhere there is adequate moisture, like the lowest of low spots that sometimes are unseedable because of water or mud, the crop is decent. Remember, even in the too wet years we only lost about 10, maybe 15% of our acres, so that gives you an idea of the terrain we're farming.

I try to tell it like it is, not complain and post pictures of lush crops, I don't care if you don't take my word for it! All I know is I will be glad to get this one behind me.

Comment

SF3, who was offering $ 12.71?

Comment

Pioneer with our extra for seed purchases. Delivered half to crusher half to elevator.

LDM was 12.51 yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Let those guys with the worst crops maintain some pride and dignity. Everyone wants to put their best foot forward.

I know I wouldn't want to post my worst spots. We have some sandy patches that are burnt.

What amazes me is how well our crop is hanging on(over all). It's not GOOD, but we'll hopefully(I'm sure we will) get something, and maybe more than some other guys. It's not over yet either. It has to fill and I'm not very optimistic it will even be average when all is said and done.

The soil surface is dust and below that is concrete and hopefully below that is a bit of reserve to carry this "less than mediocre crop" through to the point we can at least break even if no more rain comes before it is absolutely too late to do any good.

In general, as I've said before, we had "decent" establishment for the conditions we were given. So the fields have a crop in them. We've had basically no meaningful rain since that near 2 inch blessing June 14 and I'm sure some people never even got that.

I will have to set aside my pride and after harvest report the results, and if you want, then you can chastise me for crying wolf all spring and summer.

ps... got a couple of texts today for canola at $12.12 July and $12.25 NOW!!!

Hang in there everyone, and a special shout out to the cattle producers in the worst affected areas.
              $12.50 here yesterday. At two places

Comment

Sorry Poly not much of a birdseed crop this year.

Might want to find an air reel and dont even think about swathing those lentils.

Lovely canola I would say 1 in two fields are that ugly in our area. Not just one guy.

More brutal canola have a half dozen different photos of crops like that all within 5 miles.

Comment

Don't think it will amount to a hill of beans.

Looks nice from the road but dont look down.

HRSW not very tall but nicer than average for the area.

Nicest canola Ive seen by far 4ft tall. Lucky guy 😉

Comment

Yikes Looks like you need to change your handle to LittleLentil....

Sorry BL, not funny I know. I hate drought. Life needs water.

Pic of durum north of valley, was looking ok until past week, next week should really help it look like dogs bfast. cant get water from a stone...or Sask soil after 60 days of near record heat and wind.

Comment

Those lentils arent mine luckily. Wasnt a good year for tillage.
                      Geeze didn't know there was a fault line running through Sask.

Corn with a long way to go.

Hemp is one tough bird. At least I thought its hemp but why do I have the munchies and an urge to play video games.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Jul 12, 2017, 20:45.

Comment

Thanks for sharing BL.

How is that corn so late, I have to give that a zero percent chance of making a corn crop unless used for silage and those won't make much

i can't decide if we are in for a very late harvest and need the frost to hold off until October or if this heat and no rain continues we take off a piss poor crop in early August?

Comment

Originally posted by Ache4Acres View Post
                          Thanks for sharing BL.

How is that corn so late, I have to give that a zero percent chance of making a corn crop unless used for silage and those won't make much

i can't decide if we are in for a very late harvest and need the frost to hold off until October or if this heat and no rain continues we take off a piss poor crop in early August?
                          Im far from a corn expert except when I roll it in butter. But im guessing since its planted on 20 inch spacing hes shooting for cobs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...