• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola Council's 2016 Canola Performance Trials Data Available Online.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tweety View Post
    Canola council doesn't do any trials. None. Zero.
    Oh ? And why cant they do spme ? Thought they work for us ?

Comment

I would bet Hyola 401 wouldnt be too far off the yields of 252 and 140p. Only difference would be the cost of weed control.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Oh ? And why cant they do spme ? Thought they work for us ?
        That's funny! They work for the crushers, you're just the silly little farmer, you keep growing an abundant supply of cheap canola to keep crushing and export profitable. Now stop asking questions!

Acres and yield goals! Why do you think they do them? Hurry. lets meet the next target as soon as possible. The earlier the better.

Comment

Their interest is to increase canola production to 26 mmt's at any cost to primary producers for the sole purpose to increase their check off revenues. At least sask pulse dropped their levies when checkoff revenues increaded dramatically.

Comment

i wonder if its possible to get old seed, thats legal to grow, and try a 40 ac test plot ? would be interesting.
            as far as their check off dollars . I'm going to ask for mine back . i agree tweety , they do sfa for us . like the alfalfa and clover check offs , don't hear sfa from them either. wheat growers stood by and watched them declassify real good wheat varieties? for gluten strength that nobody supposedly wants , and supported upov91 wtf ?

Comment

Farmers checkoffs go to provincial commissions, not the council. When i sell canola the checkoff goes to the Sask Canola Development Commission. SCDC funds programs within canola council. Exporters and crushers pay a checkoff to CCC but you and i end up paying that too as a line item in basis.

You wouldn't need 40 acres, just a strip or two with a check beside.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...