• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop disease ... Getting outa hand ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160528_120142.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	765146

Our drill does our tillage. It's old but it grows one heck of a crop

Comment

What!? You mean I don't need a 175K vertical tillage tool?

Comment

Love those drills Klause. Very good drill.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

Maybe the answer isn't tillage or fungicides but resistance bred into the cultivars. Actually some varieties are more tolerant than others today!
          Agree, safest simplest for farmers....

Comment

I believe it's going to be a combination of some tillage , resistance in breeding and using fertility with micros .
            The closed loop zero till and relying on fungicides has raised its ugly head and becoming a death sentence. JMO

Comment

Agree. It is foolish to think we can spray our way to profits especially when in such an erratic weather area.

Comment

I m writing useful information at www.indianfarming.in about agri-related information as per my knowledge anyone wanted to participate write the best information and share with users let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by sastry View Post
                  I m writing useful information at www.indianfarming.in about agri-related information as per my knowledge anyone wanted to participate write the best information and share with users let me know.
                  I think farmers in India are trying to forget what we are about to learn. There is a movie that I cannot remember the title that describes how Monsanto seed technology did not work as expected for Indian farmers. It destroyed the farmers' lives.
                  They start with the less affluent farmers and continue to impose their technology until they have control of the entire market/farmers. The meger of Bayer and Monsanto works perfectly. This company will have their (roundup ready and/or libery link) technology in 90% of all oilseeds planted in all the world. The farmer pays to use the seed/chemical and pays to eradicate any volunteers plants the next season.

Comment

I think the winters have been to warm.like the tics we need more minus 30..to kill them and other bad shit.

Comment

I am rather surprised that with all the research levies and University projects, someone hasn't found the reason for increased cereal diseases. Once we pin down the cause, we can effectively find a cure. But wait, there probably wouldn't be any money in that! What about lentil and pea diseases? Do farmers have to try their own remedies? Guess that's an option so stop whining peon.

Comment

Despite our resistance to fungicides, it is pretty hard to argue with the results in aerial application on chick peas. Fields unsprayed grew a few bushels of diseased, ulcerated garbage. A few miles over fields sprayed by air 4&5 times grew huge yield beautful sample. I dont want to put yield on here, might bring price down. Thousands of acres.

Comment

Just like curing cancer. No money can be made when u actually fix it. Sad

Comment

Good point sumdum - but why when perfectly timed fungicides in other crops are completely ineffective? Just pointing that out because it is happening all over

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...