• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superb wheat is late!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Superb wheat is late!!!

My superb wheat is at least 12 days later than my prodigy wheat. All were seeded on the same day in the same field. Has anyone else noticed this!!

I was thinking of using the superb to seed all my wheat acres next year and am concerned with the lateness. I seeded at 75 lbs per acre. Would 120 lbs per acre hasten the maturity by 12 days?

If superb wheat is late this year, stay away from it. Average growing seasons, it may never mature.

Comment

My dads superb was similar to his roblin (same field and management) 30 bu vs 25, both #1 14-15.5 protein. very sandy soil near blackflalds. Super was shorter and looked better all year

Comment

My superb wheat was about 3-5 days later than the barrie seeded in the same field, same day, same fert. IMHO, it was well worth the wait; 5 bus higher yield, better color, protien was pretty similar. My biggest concern was straight cutting problems which bearded varieties are notorious for. It actually fed better than the barrie!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...