• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

more fun with lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    I wounder if anyone will get a dime out of GARS ?? There had better be some payouts for guys with GARS in lentil country
    I wonder if anyone has ever got a dime outta gars? Guys had wreaks last year and got zero. It sounds like a good thing but at the end of the day it's still a insurance company

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      I wounder if anyone will get a dime out of GARS ?? There had better be some payouts for guys with GARS in lentil country
      The issue with GARS is that it is NOT crop specific so the other crops would be factored in first.
      I am not sure what level of coverage is offered....

SCIC is crop specific so their customers will obviously have payouts if one crop is a wreck. (Totally different insurance programs.)

Comment

The problem with GARS is that they took on next to no risk at all in exchange for a very large premium counting on mathematically challenged farmers to be clients. Now after about 3 yrs everyone is wise to this so they disappear.

Comment

Would love to post the picture but don't know how, but French Lentils took 9/10 last night, still hanging on to the weeds. French don't bleach and take a lot of punishment. Definitely not a big crop. 1/2 seeded before Mothers Day - half after. The first ones are less diseased and standing but the last 1/2 pathetic laying in mud now. Pods pretty good on first half, not so good on the rest, but all being held up by scattering of thistle, tanzy mustard and something that looks like a Christmas tree. The rest of our lentils got 3/10 and less last night.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...