• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ag in motion! Who's going?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ag in motion! Who's going?

Farm shows come and go but Saskatoon is trying something different. Ok lots of shows do this type in USA and over seas. Hell big iron in sept has field demos. But good on Saskatoon for showing ag. I'm not sure all companies will be their but it's either a start of a new summer road trip or the first and last of a idea.
    I'm going to see what's up as spraying has finally come to a end. Rain every night seems like maybe fungicides were a good idea. Time will tell but now we need heat and lots of it.
    So if your going enjoy and maybe their will be a ag in motion #2.

There's Ag in Motion on my own farm. I've been to Farm Progress already this year. What changed in one month. The exchange, LOL!!!

Comment

Some companies are sending out free tickets to get the interest going I see.

We plan to go one day, I think the crop plots that can be done this time of the year will be a huge bonus.

Comment

Going on weds. Got free tickets with our pioneer rep... apparently dupont has a big unveiling.

Also want to tour other crop plots and talk drills with Salford.

Comment

Same thing Klause. Pioneer rep bought a hiway bus so he's loading 48 people out of the area to go. I normally don't do this kind of thing. But sounds different from a normal show. Want to give it a look. Besides, the ride home is promised to be fun.

Comment

There is tweety's point.

Comment

Looks like it may be a real farm show instead of buildings full of Sham-Wow salesmen like Farm Progress.

Comment

Sounds like Ag More Than Ever

Comment

They have been pumping water on the plots all spring and summer so I doubt it will be much of a reality check.

Comment

S3, there isn't a show in North America that you miss

Not sure if I'll be going, as another poster indicated, lots of Ag in Motion right here at home

Comment

This is professional development for farmers, some obviously don't know what this means.

Keeping an open mind, networking(even birth beer in hand), understanding the opportunities or risks, it should be mandatory for government programming that farmers attend field days, trade shows, classroom or even international travel (ag programming ) to receive funding or insurance revenues.
                      To learn on combine forum, ag talk, or agriville is good and part of the learning and understanding that every day farming is but.... If you aspire to be as good as the guy at the coffee shop, well, good luck...
                      Farming today is a business, big business and it should be treated that way. Not many businesses today where lifestyle is the primary driver can be successful .

Comment

My mailbox and email inbox is full of subscribed to and unsolicited information..... can't even read it all.

Comment

My mailbox and email inbox is full of subscribed to and unsolicited information..... can't even read it all.

Comment

Goodtime, when in those areas walk fast and don't make eye contact..LOL. But I do agree.

Comment

I was up yesterday and it is a good start to a summer show that if it can keep going has lots of promise.
                              Plots need under ground sprinklers to show the full outcome. They said its in the works. The field demos were good on the high speed tillage as you could see what does a job and what over does a job and what works.
                              The Air drill demo had only one drill. Not sure what happened on air drills as lots were not in attendance. Also some big companies didn't attend. But if it can grow and keep getting guys and farmers support then I think we have a new summer show.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...