• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybeans !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soybeans !

up 45 cents/bus nearby, 41 cents NOV

Canola is a dog!

So my $11.60 target is too low?

Comment

Are Canadian grown beans staying close in price, considering currency exchange and delivery location?

Comment

NOV hitting $11.59 1/4USD. Was your target net CAD, or was that a futures price?

Comment

We just locked in $13 beans. Seems to be good demand.

Canola is sensitive to the CAD demand wise. But canola is an oil crop. Beans are a protein crop. Threats to bean production mean price has to rise to ration supply.

I'm wondering if this will pull feed wheat prices higher due to it's higher protein relative to corn?

Comment

Brave, I was thinking that was why wheat has been rising the last couple weeks too. Also, seems to be concerns about protein levels in new crop winter wht.

To lock in $13, did you get an exceptional basis, or was it closer to average considering the $ exchange?

Comment

Just an average basis. It was Richardsons so likely poorer that average, in fact. Cargill was hitting $13 this morning as well.

Comment

Congrats ! Guess I'll have to give them a go before I retire, Just not that excited to try something new while canola is still working here in our area. (other than keeping up to the $ exchange ratio)

Comment

The target I was referring to was what SF3 calls soybean's ugly step sister....canola target.

Comment

$11.60 new crop? Sounds like it should have hit. $11.60 old crop is a shade low IMO. Bins are getting swept clean.

Canola an ugly step sister? Ha! I'll take that sister to the ball any day. She tries on the glass slipper and it fits just fine.

Comment

Cool , spraying my beans with foliar right now - load em up

Comment

What do you use for a foliar on the soybeans?

Comment

I just used 2 ltr Kugler 6-24-6 and 2 ltr XRN with the first shot of herb

Comment

Chartists can only look at the long term charts to make sense of this now.
                            Could be yet another buck higher in the beans. However open interest is
                            falling the last few days. Soybeans were north of $15 just 2 years ago.

Could mean another two bits for canola

Comment

Some companies have poor bids for Canola....they don't want it right now. I think I've done not too bad this year...nothing under $11, yet!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...