• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's seeding wheat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who's seeding wheat?

Is anyone else silly enough to be seeding wheat?

Or are we the only farm dumb enough to be seeding almost half the farm to wheat again this year?

Nope I am joining your club.

Wheat on ground where I have some weed issues that I can knock the hell out of.

I would try canola but to expensive.

Comment

Nah your not the only dummy - we are too

Comment

me too cause it's easy , lol

Comment

Glenn and Pasteur sucker for punishment

Comment

Seed some every year. nearly half this year. Use utmost then never check for midge. Guess i am in the dumb club also!!

Comment

Ok good to know. I keep hoping one of these years it'll pay... Still waiting and looks like the waiting will have to continue.

Comment

Us too, 38% wheat, all seeded, all Utmost. According to USDA, so did a lot of the world, so don`t expect more than $6, again a magic sell point the market thinks. There, done checking for midge, enjoying summer, later, feels like WINTER at the moment.

Comment

I am seeding a couple quarters of CPS again. Targeting the local barns.

Comment

Today's wheat"....the equivelant of yesteryear's summerfallow.

Maybe some distant day we'll look back and think it wasn't such an good idea, like summerfallow!

We are not in a consistent bin-busting yeild area so it can be hard to pencil out. When I hear of some of the yields reported on here and wakopa's consistent $8/ bu....

Think of it as charity and your contribution to the well being of humanity. ;-)
                    Last edited by farmaholic; May 10, 2016, 18:02.

Comment

I have Almost half the farm wheat. Neighbour has 11000 wheat and 11000 canola. Big farm to East of us a hour has two crops Wheat on 25000 acres and Canola on 25000.
                      In the East side of the province till we can get lentils to grow in water their is two crops. I add peas and Barley to our rotation to help with harvest.

Comment

correction 7.50 plus every year.i gross over 500 dollars last year.all wheat this year.

Comment

43% wheat..
                          Next yr might be 100% canola..
                          This $6.00 number is getting old..

Comment

This here dummy is also putting in wheat. Have been every year for close to 50 crops, so why stop now. All certified Utmost. 50% Canola, 30% Wheat, 20 % Peas.. Just going to start seeding wheat, then peas, and canola last .

Comment

Wheat... like most of my aged machinery, it keeps me in the game. I don't expect it to afford me cervezas and tan lines all winter long, but then it doesn't expect to be molly cottled all summer long either. It might not afford me bragging rights in the form of flashy new green equipment, or a new house, duramax, suburban etc, but it keeps my stress levels manageable, my dreams humble, and my banker at bay. Hopefully a couple timely showers will keep it that way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...