• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burnt

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burnt

Is this going to benefit you? I know I am kicking my heels over it. Talked to the hydro employee this summer when he was trying to find a signal here, so I know I am one of the 36,000.

[URL="http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/astonishing-hydro-one-pulling-plug-on-36000-rural-smart-meters-after-years-of-complaints"]http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/astonishing-hydro-one-pulling-plug-on-36000-rural-smart-meters-after-years-of-complaints[/URL]

Don't want to butt in but, Sask tried these things too and they were shorting or something. The one on my parent's house was arcing and making electrical shorting noises. SaskPower took it off and replaced it with a "normal" meter. Sometimes technology isn't all what it's cracked up to be. I don't know if there are any smart meters here that haven't been replaced. I think SaskPower was even looking at some sort of refund or compensation from the manufacturer.... would have to do more research.

Good luck.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Jan 21, 2016, 08:09.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Don't want to butt in but, Sask tried these things too and they were shorting or something. The one on my parent's house was arching and making electrical shorting noises. SaskPower took it off and replaced it with a "normal" meter. Sometimes technology isn't all what it's cracked up to be. I don't know if there are any smart meters here that haven't been replaced. I think SaskPower was even looking at some sort of refund or compensation from the manufacturer.... would have to do more research.

Good luck.
      Only issue with some of these is the LCD screen starts to fail and digits become illegible. Had the one here switched out for a new one a few days ago. Replacement guy said it was a certain serial number series that had issues and are being replaced on an 'as requested' basis. So few people actually read their meters, I doubt many get replaced. I got a kick out of him as I held some of his parts and tools as he replaced it. Said I was the first customer to ever help him change it out. Everyone else that ever came out of their house just tore into him over the cost of their hydro bills.

Comment

They burnt the siding on some houses in Sask. One lady was talking to newspaper and said Smartmeter quadrupled her power bill. Its your property and you aren't require to give them access nor allow installation, so I was told.

Comment

I don't think that there has been any noticeable problem with our. Yet... All I am going by is that our electricity bill has not shown any big change from what it was before the switch, except go up with each increase in price. However we have moved whatever usage we conveniently could to off peak.

Just another brainless, Liberal, half-baked scheme that will end up costing the people billions more in needless costs both immediate and long-term as the stuff breaks down.

Comment

We don't need the government telling us when and how to live our lives. Do they want us to stay up at night and sleep all day so it is convenient for the utility companies? Just put a meter on my bank account and the government can just crank it up when they want it to flow faster.

By the way, in Sask it was a Wall idea - not Liberal. That failed experiment cost millions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...