• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soybean yields this year

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soybean yields this year

We are thinking about growing soybeans and am hearing some decent yields. What varieties worked this year in SESk and honest yields please.
    tia

Northstar Reston highest followed by Dekalb 23-11 and pioneer 002.

Yield between those three was within 1.5 bu an acre by weigh wagon. Difference between these three and rest was 50% less.

Average over 3 best varieties was in the mid 30s.

Comment

Thanks Klause

I am running some of the numbers trying to figure out if we should start with soys.
      Are you planning to grow soybeans again next year?
      Any tips you would like to share?
      Thanks for the info.

Comment

I would have to say with adequate rain fall mid 30's is reasonable target. This year our yields were higher than that but in those fields that missed rains found low 20's the reality. Kinda funny with the beans is that come august most are wanting dry weather for combining barley, peas and lentils, the soybeans are looking for a drink and timely rain will add bushels.

Comment

Very good and for us Reston are number 1.
          But remember this year was perfect the previous two no and then the first was good. 4 years growing and yes we will seed again next year.

Comment

Restons, Thunders, Dekalb and then Pioneer. Yielded in that order from 52 down to 44. Was exceptional this year. Most years 30 to 35 is good. Don't bank on a year like this as the norm. Can be a pita some years. Cheap to grow.

Comment

Have never grown soybeans, but interested. Also looking at fababeans. If I was to choose one, which would the experts on here recommend?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...