• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fusarium, Pedigree/Certified seed, Alberta and Tom4G3

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fusarium, Pedigree/Certified seed, Alberta and Tom4G3

What's happening in Alberta with the seed rules and fusarium? The WP states seed growers are asking for the tolerances to be relaxed. Its only a matter of time before the areas that are susceptible are infected, even without the help of seed being used from an infected area. Mother Nature will "bless" you without your help!

Now think about this, Seed growers finding tolerances hard to accomplish, now commercial
    growers are expected to be under a quarter percent
    to make #1. As I've said before It may as well be zero for us too.

What's happening Tom4G3?

just quit growing that shit, it's hopeless

Comment

Quit growing it, too many acres seeded for good prices.

Comment

I'm no quitter! And a sucker for punishment! Does that explain my "career" choice?

Comment

I'm waiting for clarification if Pedigreed and Certified seed have to meet the same specs for fusarium.

But the irony of the post shows the tolerances even for 1 CWRS are ridiculously low.

I grow it for rotation purposes. Refer to a previous thread for a more in depth explantion. Who cares?

Comment

Also forgot to ask if tolerances vary from province to province. How could Mannytoba have any seed(wheat) growers if...

Comment

Great question regarding Manitoba.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...