• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weeds in Safflower

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weeds in Safflower

There must be someone out there that knows! I have never grown safflower, and am considering it, but I am not interested in tearing up my land to mix in triflurilin. No one been playing around with a post emergent spray?

I wonder...Sencor doesn't do much to Canada Thistle...what about Safflower?

I could maybe simply do a preseed burnoff, and hope for few broadleaf weeds, just spray for the grasses. Any ideas?

You may want to revisit the trifuralin scenario.
    We have been using the Edge,Fortress and Bonanza treatments for quite a few years now in a low disturbance situation.
    Zero incorporation to just a light harrrow incorporation with a pre-emergents with good success. Even in heavy trash.

Comment

Jackflash, I've heard the hipe, but the reps agree. We haven't been zero tilling for long enough, and, I'm not sure a hoe drill with a spread tip might be too much disturbance anyway. Disk drill, true zero till machines, I can see that. I just wouldn''t trust it yet. Besides, I have figured out a solution. Thanks for your reply, have a prosperous next year

Comment

Hello tigerd,

I have grown safflower for some years and can give you some help or get you in contact with knowledge fellows that know the issue. Maybe contact me at kslseed@klempnauer.ab.ca

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...