• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-seed burnoff

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-seed burnoff

Has anyone out there used PRE-PASS for pre-seed burnoff? What were your results? What are the Pros and cons on this chemical?

Due to a very dry spring, there was little pre-seed burnoff completed in our area so I don't have a lot of first hand experience with it.... I see Pre-pass directly competing with Glyphosate and 2,4-D tankmixes...
    Pre-pass provides enhanced control of winter annuals and from what I've seen/heard, it can provide some residual for control of later flushes of weeds esp. volunteer canola. It's a little sharper on wild buckwheat and has some enhanced activity on dandelions.
    It will not, however, control large, well established dandelions and has limited effect on alfalfa re-growth (following pre-harvest the fall before)where a grower may be trying to take out a forage stand.
    Cost of the product suggests (to me) that it should be used on fields where you expect significant weed pressure where some residual will be of benefit. Otherwise, the 2,4-D and glyphosate will be cheaper.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...