• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Well its been a couple hard few weeks for this guy as I have a father in-law having major Heart Surgery then failed they revive. Still in ICU. Then on weekend the family pet had to be put down because of a Ham bone getting stuck in his throat. Then to top it off my favorite thing in the world. It rains sat sun and Monday. 2 3/4 inches of soaking rain. So Basically harvested hard Thursday and Friday till about 9:45 then the wheels fell off and nothing since.
    So here we go.
    HRS is ready to go on every field and the rain has pushed the crop lower. It will now grade a #2 since it has lost some colour. Only on a 1 does colour still matter. It will cost this farm .10 to .07 cents. or about $16,350.00 this year. If we had a system that grades like the rest of the world this money would stay in my pocket. But this is Canada where the Grain commission allows grain companies to have a hay day.
    Swath HRS went flat and the geese are moving in. Might be some sprouting now if it isn't harvested by Sunday our next rain event.
    Barley is off and in the bin. Sample sent in. Later has lower protein so who knows in the Malt barley lotto. Yield on early was ok by later was better by 20 BPA.
    Oats is being sprayed and will probably be one of our poorest crops good thing I dropped the 700 acres. Just enough for seed.
    Flax in area is all sprayed and ready to go. It is every where from nice to how much more dirty could that field get.
    Peas are all off and in the bin or sold.
    Canola is all swath in our area or the new strait cut game is beginning. We have head to head plots with Pioneer new one for next year vs L140P. I can see which one will win or it sure looks like we have a new replacement for 2016.
    We like these varieties for helping with harvest. Seed last and then if have issues with swathing your not in as big of panic situation. Last week before the rain I knocked ours down. Standing in heavy rain or chance of hail takes a crop real fast. as a few have found. 10% loss from rain in standing takes away the extra from bigger seeds in the crop. It does yield less than others but will give good results if you get it to the big seed level and no hail. One or two were harvesting their strait last night but moving real slow. So if I let mine rot for another two weeks and concentrate on other crops I pick up a mile a hour harvesting then so is it better to swath or strait cut canola. Time will tell.
    Sorghum is coming along but its season ended last night time will tell.
    Corn was looking good not as tall as other years but cob was nice.
    Soy is tall and I do have a few 4 pod beans for our area that is nice to see. They podded higher start than other years so should get most. Full pods right to top. Will see in few weeks as last night would definitely end the season.
    Durum sprayed but has some hint of Fuz.
    Second cut hay is real nice and pastures have no issues.
    Moose are fat as they love standing crop. Geese are fat as they are having a hay day and its time for two seasons spring and fall hunt. Give us our guns back.
    Deer have made a great come back since the hard winter from a few years back and by next year should be good.
    So as we start another week it looks like we might get going today in HRS that's standing. It will be either dried in the continuous drier or if its close aeration as its still early. Canola can wait. Rain events for Sun till Tuesday coming so will go hard when we can go.
    Keep safe every one as its obvious the only ones who really win are the grain companies and all they do is resell our product and ship it out. We do the work for peanuts they make the money on Exchange grade and volume. If not then tell me why they all belong to one group the Billionaire boys club. Which farmer is in that group. NONE! Violent farm protests are happening in Europe again as farmers are sick of feeding the world and getting paid shit all for their product.
    So remember its just a crop and the ones at home are way way way more important and cant wait to see you at the end of your day.
    Good luck and great harvesting.

Oh yea please MR farmer book every thing from seed to fert to chem so we can sort it all out for you and get the product you need. It could be in short supply next spring so hurry hurry get it now.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your father in law and your dog.

Comment

Area generally 15% -20% done.
        Peas done. Some guys a little wht or bly.
        Everything has 2 stages of green and regrowing. Lot of people hoping on chemical to kill. Canola swathing wrap up this week.
        Weather not more than 1.5" rain but every day very humid. 0 drying or curing.
        Guessing October for main harvest.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...