• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maize Or Corn Facts

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was young, ALL farms were freewheat clones. Now 95% are large scale grain only, so that is the shift in 40 years. No young mixed/livestock here, unless 40,000 chickens qualifies.
    My take is we ALL were optimistic if we chose this career, but age and time wears down the enthusiasm of youth with large doses of reality. If change accelerates in the future, the number of farms being owner operators will dwindle, so what will rural areas be left with? A lot of empty space and deteriorating infrastructure. That is what I see, and dread to have my next gen experience and work in. Hope to exit on a high note, but the near future outlook might ruin our hopes. Sure hope enough YOUNG GUNS are optimistic! AND crop shortages materialize.

Comment

"My take is we ALL were optimistic if we chose this career, but age and time wears down the enthusiasm of youth with large doses of reality."

Now that is a very true statement. Very well said fjlip!!! And explains alot of "attitudes"!!!

My posts are negative at times, not to drag everyone down to the same common denominator but to express the sometimes harsh reality for the Producer in the Ag Industry. No sense pretending such doesn't exist by focusing only on positive
      aspects of the whole panaramic picture.

It goes both ways as well, look around both exist. Its just that the older I get the less tolerance I have for the B.S. Nothing worse than being disrespected by snot-nose brats new to the Industry that see you as a "simple" farmer only to be exploited.

Comment

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...