• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next year country

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next year country

Since it is next year country in my area already, I've been thinking about crop selection. I was wondering if there are any crops that grasshoppers don't like or don't eat, if there is such a thing?
    Have one quarter in paticular that is surrounded by pasture and the neighbours don't spray.
    So I was wondering what crops might have a chance of surviving? Unless we have a very harsh winter, I think the grasshoppers are going to be a real problem again next year.

i hear that
    those litle bugggers
    dont like barley ?
    brad

Comment

Just read your message on grass hoppers, how we hate those little harvesting machines. Our experience has been that they do not like chick peas. They will eat everything green, even mustard. but we have not had them in chick peas, but you want to consider the costs of growing chick peas as well is your land suitable for them and do you have a growing season long enough, and what about the disease problems for this crop in your area?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...