• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alfalfa, bermuda grass and some rarer grasses in Nova Scotia

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alfalfa, bermuda grass and some rarer grasses in Nova Scotia

Hello.

I'm currently in the process of opening a hobby farm/refuge for certain African Antelope. The types of feeds necissary is proving to be a bit of a hassel.

I'm wondering about anyone in NS or New Brunswick who grows alfalfa for hay who might be willing to provide it.

Also if any of the hardier bermuda grasses are able to grow in a Maritime climate? Or if anyone in PEI, NS or NB have succesfully grow the forage types of bermuda grass?

Also I'm looking for a few rarer types of grasses, sometimes considered ornimental grasses, mainly Red Oat Grass a.k.a Kangaroo grass (themeda triandra), hyperthelia dissoluta, cynodon dactylon, and eragrostis gummiflua.

I've found some varieties of eragrotis listed as "weeping grass".

These would be supplimental kinds of plants, the bermuda grass and alfafa hay are the main feeds.

Anyways if anyone out there has some Maritime experience with those hays, or may live near or know of a nursery that may have seed or plants of the rarer grasses I've listed that would be fabulous.

Or if any folks out there keep any small zoos or rare cervides or bovides and would like to chat about fencing and waterers for largely horned animals that would be suburb.

Thank you for taking a look and for any help.

-Nancy

Maybe some 1st or 2nd cut, well made, round baled reed canarygrass ? Just something you may want to check out with your advisors. Analysis available upon request. Located in western N.S.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...