• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US may be underestimating its soybean exports for this season

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The US may be underestimating its soybean exports for this season

The US may be underestimating its
    soybean exports for this season. No
    Shit.
    Informa pegs Argentina soybean crop at
    40 million tonnes. That is down 5
    million tonnes from its early Apr.
    estimate. Rumors in Brazil that there
    will be no soy left in country by
    August…….
    Brazil might import soybeans later this
    fall from USA?
    And in Canada we are going to loose this
    week and maybe next according to Drew
    and Enviroment Canada.
    One just has to say HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Oh yea one more news article this morning.
    Strategie Grains has cut its EU ****seed
    forecast to 17.6 million tonnes, a 6-year
    low and down from last year's 19.1 million
    tonnes due to winter kill.

Comment

I was sort of wondering how winter canola could survive minus 20 temperatures. Europe will be like Brazil - estimates will keep dropping.

Comment

How much of this information is already built into the market and a factor in the close to $15/bu soybeans? Given the corn soybean price ratio, will US farmers expand soybean acres by 2 to 3 million?

I don't like the looks of the soybean oil chart.

[URL="http://www.farms.com/markets/?page=chart&sym=ZLN12"]july CBT soybean oil[/URL]

Comment

we are being told that canada has already seeded more of everything, where are the extra acres coming from?

Comment

South east Saskatchewan and parts of Manitoba had excess moisture/a lot of flooding in both 2010 and 2011 which prevented large areas from getting seeded the last couple of years. Realizing things are not perfect all the way across western Canada, conditions are better than what they were a year ago and therefore significantly more acres should get seeded. Current prices will encourage fence post to fence post crop seeding including pasture that has been pulled out of perennial production. I suspect the extra acres are there but your question/my response will get reaction.

Comment

We get any more rain and we will start loosing
              acres.

Comment

Also the north east, east central will have less acres due to something called rotations. Fert availalbility and price will put a stop to extra acres regardless of canola price.... JMO

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...