• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ligno Humates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ligno Humates

I've been hearing about ligno humates or humic acid products lately. Anyone have any personal experience or info about it?
    What I'm being told is that you put down a 1/2 liter/a. with your seed and then foliar apply another 1/2 liter.
    Claims to give a yield bump when added to your usual fertility program.
    Seems like its been used internationally more then in N.A.
    Just another miracle product that needs a guy to have a good imagination or is there something to it?

Buy the smallest amount you can, spray it on a diagonal across a field (or more depending on the amount). Make sure the strip is wide enough that it will show up on a yield monitor.

If you see no difference or a reduction in yield this fall, don't buy it again. If you see an increase, weight the $ costs versus the $ benefit.

This is a good procedure for any unknown "crop input" with uncertain benefits. If the salesperson really believes in their product, they might even sponsor your trial, but I'd rather do it on my own and not even tell where I'm doing it.

Comment

I believe the bottom coment is very accurate with one ammendment:
      If you do your own trial please advise the rep of that product whether it worked or did not and in what degree as they and you may grow a great crop out of the trial and all will benefit long term!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...