• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water Quality

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Quality

I was wondering if anyone would be able to tell me the overall amount of chemicals that are leached into or runoff into water systems in Atlantic Canada.
    Thank you very much.

I assume from your question you are under the assumption that pails, barrels, or millions of gallons of "chemicals " run off fields into the ocean. Now don't get me wrong, I hate pollution more than the other guy, and I have actually made a living spraying farmers fields with big acres and big equipment, but I have a gut feeling your looking for a needle in a hay stack when there is an oil tanker off shore dumping oil . All I suggest Is to do some research into pesticide application and see how its done, and research the types of herbicides used and find out there properties. I am going to assume you are from the east coast too. If I can be of more specific help write...

Comment

Lots and lots and lots, mostly through town or city sewer systems being dumped untreated or partially treated into bodies of water.

Comment

So who is doing this? The ag industry ? And where ? I'd really like to know.

Comment

thank you everybody for your feedback. I'm acturally just looking for the amount of pesticides, and hebicides that are leached into drinking water systems per day in Atlantic Canada.

Comment

Hello. Quite a bit of research has been done in this area. A good person to contact is Dr Rob Gordon,Nova Scotia Agricultural College, Truro, N.S. His email is rgordon@nsac.ns.ca. His phone number at the college is 902-893-6561.

Best regards

Comment

I'm actually attending the NSAC, what department does he work in, where might I find him.

Comment

Rob Gordon is in the Engineering Department at the NSAC

Comment

thank you very much for your rely

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...