• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Split application foliar fetilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ESN broadcast post seeding or with the seed?

Comment

Pre-Seed broadcast or preferably with or near the seed. In a drier year ESN on the surface may not release soon enough so I wouldn't go post seed broadcast. Agrotain or proper timing (rain event) is better for in crop N application.

Comment

what about agrotain in 28-0-0, I know cavalier agro has been doing this for a while.
        Last year we seed place 65n and 25s, this year I was thinking 40n 10s then top dress 20n 10s with agrotain.
        I like the Idea of ESN. but not with our current setup.

Comment

Agrotain is a good product but in my opinion serves a different purpose. I like agrotain for stabalizing N for such applications as top dressing or to aid in seed saftey. It's more of an all or nothing product in the sense that it inhibts N conversion until it doesn't anymore. ESN on the other hand is more responsive to the conditions, temp & moisture, and is a gradual release on a curve starting out low and getting higher over a 30-40 day window. Drible with 28 Agrotain at the 6 2 tiller stage should kick in intime to drive protein. The agrotain will let you do when it's conveinient instead of when the weather works.

Comment

Thats what I am thinking as well, I seen some ESN trials last harevest and whatched a few local feilds and was inpressed. But to get into ESN would require us to spend $50,000 at least to upgrade the air tank - and an extra truck and man to supply/apply the dry fert - just for enhanced wheat protien. At this point not feasible for us, imo. I am leanig towards agrotain in the 28 and dynagrow or grain gain with the herbicide. That way no captial costs are needed for us, just product. I belive in keeping it simple and cheap - as far as iron goes.

Comment

Done a-lot of this. Typically, don't back off on soil applied N, foliar N is a band-aid on water logged soil to supply an oxygen rush or for protein boost. Never use standard UREA, salt inhibits plant intake as burns stomates. Use industrial/food grade which costs the same. I have many recipes if your interested. davestephschill@parolink.net

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...