• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S15 microessential fertilizer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S15 microessential fertilizer

Does anyone have any experience with that S15 MicroEssential fertilizer? Any field scale trials of any sort? In theory the stuff should be better than the regular blended fertilizer, but also in theory democracy works.

I've talked to a few guys that have used it and feel that it worked well, neither did trials though. The elemental sulphur seems kind of useless though, placed in a band like that it would take a couple years for it to be available, and not enough there to be of much use the following years.(at least that is my understanding). I priced it out and it was $680 at the time and a comparable blend would have been $540, so if the price was closer i would have went that route but with that much of a difference was hard for me to justify.

Comment

Have been using it for the last 5 or 6 years.
      Put down 85 to 110# with the seed on all crops.
      For Canola I sometimes add 20-0-024 to the 46 that goes down the MRD's.
      U usally pay /- $5/tonne to an equiv blend.
      Can get it from other suppliers than Cargill now and cheaper too.
      Very nice product "IF" they oil it to keep dust down.
      I think it would be better if was 13-33-0-20 and had NO elemental S.

Comment

Wheat, Elemental sulphur is available the next year. Depending on what is in your soil tests and what your ph is will determine what type of sulphur you should be using. Elemental can be very dusty and it takes a tool on the eyes, tiger 90 seesm to have less dust. I have talk to a producer who had switched to S15 and rerally likes it but i have to look moe into S15 since i don't know alot about it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...