• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

liquid fertilizers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liquid fertilizers

Looking at switching to liquid. Any input as to do's and dont's, plus and minus. What type of costs. Storage requirements, etc would be greatly appreciated. We have two or three options for supply in the area, most it seems would prefer you to have a tank farm and deliver out of season.

Good storage is probably the most important thing. It allows you to purchase product any day of the year, usually at substancially lower prices than peak season and pays for itself awfully fast.

Comment

I really like liquid fert cause i feel it gives you more option and more bang for your buck. 28-0-0 can be stored very easy and yes casn be bought anytime and get it by the semi load if you got the storage. Liquid can be applied at different stages of the crop with your sprayer to increase yield. If the soil is a bit dry add some water for extra moisture, You can make a very good variable rate system with liquid if you want to go that way. Alot of guys say its very corosive but spray everything down with WD-40 and your good to go. You can also add Agrotain if needed.

Also in dry fert if you ever go back and dig up the seed bed you will find a very uneven distibution of fertilizer prills, liquid gives you a very even stream of fert. Also it 50% plant available right away. I can apply it 4-5 different ways and at two different crop stages to give you more flexability and increase avalibilty and help increase yield.

Dry fert , pounder it in the ground and hope for the best.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...