• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWRS BPC

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So in the real world if a grain company was handling the sale, a farmer could get a contract done for about 5.25 net mid point sask. Paid in full at delivery.

With the cwb you might see it in 18 months.

Comment

Yes.

You get paid somewhere between 50 and 75 cents/bu initial (if you can deliver) and potentially up to $2/bu adjustment. So at best, you will have a 50 % down payment by January 2011.

I am going to offend everyone. Strange that everyone tells me how tough things are financially in agriculture and yet it can survive with this kind of cash flow/risk management. It must be nice to have $2 mln plus of equity and an understanding banker.

Comment

Charlie,

Elevator guys tell me 80% of the wheat in western Canada is feed.

A 1-2CWRS tender was offered by CWB last couple weeks... not 1 t offered.

So now our CDN feed wheat is being bought to deliver as 'Canada Western'...into cargo holds and being milled into flour by the importers.

Wow... we sure have come a long way.

Comment

But it's a strong feed not a poor 4.

Comment

ado,

13px... 62lb... 375 falling number. Feed wheat.

Comment

I know. It's BS. There is alot out there that is crap but for the most part what I have seen being called feed has a little bit of bran blistering and that is it. Same with ergot, it's being bought as feed, sent over a graivity table and leaving as a 1 or 2. I'm not sure if wheat is washed before hitting the mill or not but ergot floats making it a non issue if it's being processed through water for some reason.

Comment

Charlie,

WOW... the basis is still going UP!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...