• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Soil Aeration

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soil Aeration

What would be the best thing to use/do for saturated, no-till soils to hopefully dry them out and not create a hardpan? Or do nothing to maintain the root/water passages????? Water still oozing out of the sidehills!

Water seeping out of sidedhills is a subsoil issue. There is likely a vane of sand in your hills that charges with water and moves horizontaly until it gets to the hill side and reaches the surface. I would look at making sure water bodie in the higher topograhpy are drained to prevent the water table from recharging.

Comment

There is no sand and no water body above the land I have issues with. I tried burning, spiking my land this fall to expose some soil to try to dry it out and give it some air. Unfortunately it rained an inch and half, then snowed 7 inches after that. Creek STILL running. I always wanted to live by a year long river, but this is ridiculous!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...