• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vertical/rotary crop cutters?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vertical/rotary crop cutters?

The first year in a long time with a heavy canola crop here. Wondering if vertical or rotary crop cutters would help with swathing my crop? If so which kind is better and are they very hard to install. I also swath 800 to 1000 acres of Green Lentils so would I have to remove them for that also? Thanks in advance for the info.

we have the roto sheer. Would not want to be without it! No worrys with canola getting caught on the end. Never cut lentils with it but Just keep it on and shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

If you have a good pickup reel, you can swath
      back and forth. You'll push it down a bit one
      way, and pick it up coming back.
      We have a Macdon with the fore and aft
      adjustment. Very little if any loss.

Comment

Ditto with the Ranger. Perhaps you purchased the shears already, but my experience unless you canola is snarled with pods on the ground you should be able to run good with just the divider. Cutting with and against lean is fine.
        If leaning sideways to your travel then you want the canola leaning into your swather not out on the divider side. So you have to choose to cut from north or from south. Just my experience. Oh and have especially sharp guards and knives on outside couple feet. If canola is very tall, I think plastic pipe over top of the divider to extend it taller helps.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...