• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fungcide in wheat, yes/no what ,when

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fungcide in wheat, yes/no what ,when

have never sprayed fungicide on wheat, I did spray tilt on barley this year .

this area seldom uses it. west central sask.

but this year ,wheat fairly early seeded,tillering like mad now .
    looks good, just hit the midrow bands and looks a lot better . than a week ago
    ( no yellow). nice potential , 13 " rain , so far

is it a no brainer to to put something on it. and if it is what?

tilt ? full rate 8$, half rate 4$. spray 1/2 acres at full rate or all at 1/2. or give it the works

some other product. will it help with maturity ?

weed spraying is all done
    have 800 HRS lillian and 200 Andrew, does it work on one better than other

canopy is going to be heavy, and 80%
    chance it will stay wet , with normal rains

I have my own sprayer, 110' narrow tires (helps with cost)

I have had 50 wheat that graded 1.
    but years with 60-70 bush HRS has always been feed. thats my fear.

any thoughts info appreciated
    do I quit spending money
    or just do it?

thanks

Same thoughts here sawfly...
    If wheat was going to be $6/bus it would be an easier decision. Not sure what to do myself either.

Comment

Wait and spray it with your midge spray cause I'm sure that's next. Tilt or Quitlt work good any more is overkill if you haven't been spraying in the past. You want to make sure you protect the flag leaf. They say earlier flag is better but I lean more towards catching it later if preasure is still fairly low. Full rate = 2 weeks of control. When you cut the rate you cut the duration of the protection period, not the initial level of control. Stratego is pretty hot on the crop so I would avoid it if there is still some stress on the crop.

Comment

Any reports on expected midge levels? I would guess that we are in a hot spot again.

Comment

Spray w/ Quilt 25 acre jug rate at proper staging and water volume.
          Probably will delay maturity as in my experience the crop keeps growing, hence the better yield and ROI
          If you have Fusarium. All bets are off it's not something we have had it deal with.

Comment

If its still just tillering, spray your wheat with Tilt, Stratego, or Quilt, they all work pretty good for leaf disease. If it's heading, all you can spray is Folicur and Caramba, these are the only two products registered for application on the wheat head. They can be mixed with insecticide for midge as well. Plus Folicur and Caramba will give you fusarium head blight suppression, which can be a problem in my area, east central Sask.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...