• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AG_guy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AG_guy

Just thought i would let you guys know that i am now contracted with BEST Environmental Technologies as a Field Advisor. I am very excitied to be with them and have seen some amazing things in the field as well as pictures. I've been to a few farms and have been told the great things since using the BEST products in there own words. I cover Saskatchewan and Manitoba and if anyone would like a farm meeting this summer/fall/winter i would be happy to come out and do so. At the farm meeting i would like 5 famers min attending.

This is a chance to learn about what's going on beneath your feet in your fields and how it all works to grow your crops and improve your soil. Anybody with hardpan, compaction,salinity,crusting,cracking,
    and standing water problems like we had this spring would find this very helpful and informative.

Anyone can still email at darren.soil@gmail.com
    and we can go from there.

doesn't look like anyone is too excited or doin back flips for "BEST" in my neck of the woods.. Good luck..

Comment

Well JD don't just name one company let's call it BioFertilizers. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that someone in your area is using or trying a biofertilizer. And it's because they are tired of throwing money out the window.

Here is the thing JD, guys come here and read the posts and everyone hides behind a user name except me and a few others. They think everything on here is the gods honest truth but 75% is crap. A person should not come here read the posts and be so narrow minded that they make a decision on the posts from here. Instead of people talking about biofertilizer on here why don't you get us out for an hour or two of your time and let us speak . After that hour or so you will know more then 75% of the retailers out there about how your crops grows and what effects them and how thing interact within your soil.

And just say i'm wrong and nobody is doing back flips in your area, what area are you in so i can come down there and hold a few farmer meetings, I can't see the harm and telling me what area your in.

Comment

JD I duno, so far the "Best" on trial on our farm looks very, very good. Darren, e-mail me, we need to take pics and do tissue samples within a week or so. nachagri@sasktel.net.
        Each area may be differenr JD.

Comment

Thanks for the update furrow, Darren seems like a pretty decent guy in person but it is good to hear from somebody who has it in his own fields.

Comment

We are mostly pretty tired of meetings and propaganda Darren.

Just give us some verified, independent data with yield and net income benefits and we will buy as much as we can.

Save your doughnuts and coffee for someone else. Thanks.

Comment

Silverback. If you don't want to undestand whats going on and how your crops actually grow thats up to you and i say that in a nice way.
              The meeting aren't sales meetings they are information on how your soil works and how nutrients react when they get out of balance and it all effects your crops. How the organsims help and what they do in your soil. But i guess your an expert and know all about it.

Silver heres a question and google it all you want you won't find the answer, this is an example of what you can learn at a meeting. You have two soil test field A has low molybdenum and the other field has high ,molybdenum this will cause a defiency in what other three nutrients and what they do are very very important to your certain crops ?????

Also this mind set of yield is everything has to go, if you strive for high yields you increase your risk of loosing. Whats better spending 150 dollars an acre to get 35 bu/a canola or spending 100 dollars to get 33 bu/a canola ??? ( it's just an example)

Here is something else that i heard a farmer who has a dairy and uses biofertilzer on his forages said he used 50% less bales and his cows gave 10-15 % more milk since he has used the biofertilizers. And he said that himself i wouldn't have never thought it would effect milk production and thats a very regulated industry.

As well retailers have lost money on fertilzer and herbicides its just the rain in some areas. We have alot of moisture and heat so watch out for disease and insects, but beware of someone trying to get you to spray pesticides, To detrimine an economic threshold you can't walk into a field and test one or two spots check your whole field and don't assume if one field is effected the others will be too. pesticides kill the good bugs so make sure you really need to spray.

And for being decent i try, i believe if i educate a farmer on how things work and what to look for then they themselves can see the difference. If i explain you don't even need dirt to grow a plant then you realize all you need is air, nutrient rich water and a large root mass , then as you look at your own soil you can ask yourself am i restricting any of these to my plants.

Also i've been in the chemical warehouse of 75% of the reatilers within 300 km of saskatoon and i'll tell you this they all have something to adjust water ph, i've been saying that for 4 years now. They have what someone called a seed primer it's from omex. Most guys say this foliar is snake oil, if so wht is cargill got a line of foliars, i know midsask is looking at getting them and i have seen foliars in most every other retail around the country. I can can walk through any warehouse and point them out to you. So these retails are just getting into this recently and we have been doing it for some 10 years and other up to 30 years in business.

Well i got to go and get a coffee and some donuts i got a 475 page book about soil fertilty and how it effects crop production to read, some other farmers may want to know this.

Comment

That is great. I hope you learn how to fix all our soils, because I know the grandkids are sure wondering whats wrong with ours.

You are right though, yield is not everything, I admit that. However, Return On Investment is.

If these products that you are promoting can be independently shown to have a SIGNIFICANT return to our bottom line (yield, protein, grade, etc...) then I will be the first to sign up - after I see the data.

I eagerly await furrow's results.

Comment

Silver, good to hear you may sign up if you hear good things. but before jumping in you need a consult to let you know what to expect, some land respondes right away and some are smaller changes at the start. Depending on the condition your field is in. In poor soil thats majorly out of balance the first year you may not see a change until you look at soil samples and see high level lowering to more normal levels, You need to make sure your sampling methods are good in order to see a difference. Its all free when you buy ( a consult). Also someguys may think if i double the rate it will work faster which is not true and money out the window.

So if and when the time comes and you decide to put some product on take some time and talk to one of the guys from the company

Comment

Furrow, where are the fields that you treated with Best? Are they split or did you just treat the whole field? What are the other differences in the treatments? I really want to see this stuff in action.

I have some hilltops that need either 20mt/ac of manure or to be put back into forage for 5 years but anything I can do to avoid those treatments I'm open to.

Darren, your split personality isn't working, I'm much more willing to listen to the Ag_Guy approach to this than the Darren4442. I know you're a knowledgable, good guy so go with that. With that said do you have anything you could show me in a clay loam to heavy clay type situation?

Comment

All feilds were split 1/2 sections, flaged and marked. Grab a beer and come out some afternoon, I will be glad to show ya. Again, nothing goes "accross the board", unless tested 2 years or more with an econmic gain or it can go back on the shelf.

Comment

Furrow, any chance of some pictures?

Thanks

Comment

How do you post pics on here? Or is it easier to do e-mail - I can do that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...