• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Controlling alfalfa in RR canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controlling alfalfa in RR canola?

Anyone have experience with Eclipse or any other ideas for taking volunteer alfalfa out of RR canola. I'm thinking that .75 L/ac won't do anything to the alfalfa wondering if lontrel is worth looking at. Thanks

Lontrel does a good job on alfalfa.

Comment

We've taken lots of hay out over the last number of years - some with spraying and some with just tillage.

Eclipse works fine but is pricey and still won't necessarily give you long term control. You'll still have stragglers next year and a preharvest in your cereal will work.

If you didn't use roundup when you worked up your hayfield you will have stragglers for a number of years. Personally, a few alfalfa plants never bothered me in the same way other weeds do although the effect on yield is probably the same or greater.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I'm going with the eclipse ($17/ac doesn't sound bad if you say it fast) and upping the glyphosate to to 270 g/ac. I think my biggest battle is that the leaves are dusty because its beside a haul road and that reduces the effect of the glyphosate.

Comment

2 litres in 2008, 1 liter in spring 2009 full rate of lontel plus 1/2 liter in crop rr canola. Fall 2009 one liter of roundup then heavy tillage three weeks later. Spring 2010 Cleanstart plus extra 1/2 liter of roundup still lots of alfalfa. Want me to save some seed?????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...