• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monsanto

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Monsanto

I am researching Monsanto for a school presentation ( on ethics no less). So far, what I have found is quite scarey. I would love to have some feedback from those actually using/ not using ROUNDUP& RRseeds and their opinions. Thank you !

Everyone loves to hate monsanto. Most of their moral indescretions pertain to agent orange and gm bovine growth hormone as well as some of the regulatory manipulation around those projects. Their attemps at enforcing intelectual property were pretty sketchy too. However roundup and RR crops have increased agricultural production, greatly reduced cost and eliminated the need for some pretty expensive, ineffective, yet much more toxic products. The bottom line is that the surfactant in roundup is more toxic than the the active ingredient and with that said the overall product is among the safest used in agriculture. Keep in mind that Monsanto is a big successful buisness therefore has a target on it's back from the left wing liberal media, take what you find on the internet with a grain of salt because 90% of is lefty, conspiracy bullshit and you won't find the 10% that is accurate. Good luck with your paper.

Comment

pettie, I've been seeding RR canola every year since 1997. No problems with it, whatsoever, and I'm able to spray glyphosate (toxic to plants, but about as poisonous as table salt to animals). My soils are healthy, and with the ability to eliminate tillage, there are way more organisms living in the soil ecosystem. This has helped increase productivity dramatically over the last decade.

The above poster ado has it pretty well pegged from what I can tell. Monsanto's public relations department hasn't kept up to the B.S. that's been thrown at it, that’s for sure. Monsanto has legally gone after people who blatantly steal from them, and the people who think stealing from "the rich" is OK haven't liked that very much.

The rest of us who appreciate the ability to grow canola while more safely eliminating weeds, pay for the technology because we feel it's worth it.

Comment

Well that's a voice for the bias of some, I guess.

Not all who see Monsanto as less than lovable are from the left, in fact, many very independent and hard-working people who are of a conservative stripe find their aggressive and invasive M.O. much worse than the weeds they profess to fight.

If my product severely interferes with and force unwanted changes on the way you farm, would that endear me to you?

Comment

Yeah but you don't make "documentries" and publish "articles" spewing half truths and flat out lies to the world. I don't think anyone likes Monsanto but they are no worse than any other multinational.

Comment

They could be better than many multinationals and still come in pretty low.

Wanna hear a real oxymoron? How about "corporate ethics"? Whose interests are they looking after?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...