• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clear out 41

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clear out 41

I am wondering what kind of luck guys out there have had with Clear out 41 glyphosate. I heard that this stuff wasnt as good as the glphosate that is in Roundup/rustler,etc. Let me know your thoughts please. Thanks

I have better luck with it. Name brand guarantees are not worth anything so I go with Clearout so far I think fall burn down works better than the higher test stuff. Then that said I also think for burn down Round Up Origional worked better and faster yet but cannot get that anymore. In my experience the year I used that Round up origional the thistles were F!@# forever since and it is now 15 years later. Never ever got such control with the bragged up products we use now.

Comment

I've used it for several years. Big fan. Always gets great control and blends well with express. When prepass came out they did some trials on my land and the guy doing the trials felt the Clearout/express I was using did a better job, especially on scentless chamomile and hawks beard. The 1000L totes are great to work with as well. Now that the big names have come to a more reasonable price some of those packaged deals need to be looked at though.

Comment

Hopper when I stated helping dad 20 years ago I remember spraying Rup on his quackgrass and thistle infected summerfallow. It worked great for quite a while.
        Now we preseed burnoff, in crop with canola and desicate the wheat. Rarely a year goes by without a glyphosate application at some time but the quack and thistle are still there, held in check but they dont disappear like they used to for 2-3 years after.
        Maybe the chemical has been weakened to keep us using it every year? Or the summerfallow was a much more effective use of the chemical? Something to thing about while waiting on the weather.

Comment

Wow, I need spellcheck or an edit button.
          Hopper when I stated helping dad 20 years ago I remember spraying Rup on his quackgrass and thistle infested summerfallow. It worked great for quite a while.
          Now we preseed burnoff everything, spray in crop with Rup canola and desicate the wheat. Rarely a year goes by without a glyphosate application at some time but the quack and thistle are still there, held in check but they dont disappear like they used to for 2-3 years after.
          Maybe the chemical has been weakened to keep us using it every year? Or the summerfallow was a much more effective use of the chemical? Something to think about while waiting on the weather.

Comment

I am really not drinking yet I just cant spell and am now giving up on editing my spelling. (I have 4 kids home sick so I will blame them for my spelling. Just sick enough the school doesnt want them but not sick enough to be quiet or stay in bed. Maybe I will start drinking earlier?)

Comment

With any spray you can make it work better by simply correcting water problems first. You can also add N-tank and it takes the "cheaper" glyphosates to the same quality as weathermax so the company states.But always always adjust your water. Omex has a product out called phix-it i think the name is but i think it is a salt based product just use citric acid it's not hamful and its cheap.

water quality makes a huge huge difference on performance of any spray.

Comment

N-Tank, phix , N-phuric, etc,etc. All use Monocarbamide dihydrogen sulphate as a water acidifier. All you have to do to compare one to the other, is compare the relative strengths of active ingredient. Or better yet buy a cheap electronic pH meter and do your own experimenting.

Just don't use express in an acidic mix. It doesn't like that.

Comment

a ph of 4-5 is all you need to go.

Comment

And that why citric acid is what i always say to use

Comment

I will second the use of citric acid. Have been using it for years to adjust the ph when spraying Glyphosates.

Comment

We've always used ams (ammonium sulfate) for our hard water with great results. Used at 0.5 % w/volume

Comment

ammonium sulphate is another salt, it has a salt index of 69, Glyphosate is another salt, your fertilizers are salts. To much salts can be very damaging to your soils and to your crop. Salts can induce a drought like condition on your plants and rob you of yield. over years of using fert, salts can build up in your soils and can cause alot of problems.

In fact this can be proven in many fields. Retailers will never tell you this becuase fertilzer is a salt and they might loose sales if you reduce your rates. They would rather keep quite and let your soil become worthless. remenber you can't drink salt water and neither can plants.

I've told many farmers whats on there soil samples with just a few questions about there soils. And i've never met the farmers before and it's over the phone to.

Comment

Salts are essential to life, PERIOD. Now too much salt, that is another story.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...