• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You have to check out this video

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to check out this video

This is definitely a different take on canola seed marketing.
    It made me laugh - let me know what you think.
    www.performancematters.ca

The current forecast calls for more of the same here, one day of sun, one day of showers followed by one or two days of damp cloudy weather - then repeat. Much the same from Oct 1st on. So we are now in the same boat and I have been told -6 to -7 at least as well. Swaths are saturated. Your not alone, all remaining canola within 100 miles of here is the same. Strange - now we need cold freezing temps - what a year.

Comment

are you guys talking here about "tough" swathes that maybe has some snow on, or are you talking about "wet" swathes, swathes that were tough and then got 6inches of wet snow and now the snows melted, so the swathes are "wet". that's my situation! Don't you think these things are going to be long hard ice cubes?? I don't have any experience here so any tidbit would be great. In 2004, I straight cut our frozen canola, and that was a big waste of time and resources for little value. This year there's a big crop 40 , No.1, but it has to be tough as hell. Well it be worth it? How many hours for the combine and what about repairs, how much drying, what will it grade now? has it sprouted?

Comment

I finally tried it today from 5 to 6;30pm putting the wet straw threw the 1680 IH.
        Head land was very bitchy. Going up and back was at av 2mph but at 6;30 was having straw wrapping problems and had to quit. Did 2 3/4 hopper fulls and now my bottom sieve is plugged. Probably have to remove top sieve to clean. Did plug the feeder chain twice in that time period also and had to pull by hand. Not a good situation. This straw is not going to dry out in my opinion. Tried to test the sample and it was un testable, needle would not even come down so guessing it was 22 plus, who the hell knows what it actually is.

Comment

My swaths had snow on and it melted out around friday. Then we got 1/2 inch on what was it Sunday. Two inches from a rain before the snow cover. Ground very saturated on top but can still drive semi in the field but just barely, bigger problem is finding a bin in the yard I can get at. Well working on that. Neighbour has tractor pulling the tandem trailer.

Comment

Had the same problem a number of years ago. After every hopper would use a steel plate to scrap the mud and frost between the sieves. Every morning I would then pressure wash the sieves with hot water. After a couple of days, I would pull out the concaves and use a hammer and chiesel to knock out the frozen mud from between the wires.What an ordeal!!!!! To add injury to insult, we still have to deal with the CWB. The joys of self employment.

Comment

Hey, today I did my second batch of 3 acres this fall. I fired up, and at around 4 PM, I set the pickup down, and it went through ok, and straw was chopping half reasonable, Filled the hopper, thought maybe it was about 15%. Tester said 23%! What the heck can we do about this. That would be like dropping an h bomb in a bin. The stuff was sticking together in little clumps in the hopper. So now I have 8 acres done on the year, and a big fat heaping 3 ton load of radioactive canola, actually $11.50 high acid ****seed sitting there. I feel sick, just sick. For ALL of us. Time is running short. I have combined in November before, but not my whole crop, and not with so much on the line.

Also I forgot, but the road to this field is too wet to drive a half ton in 4wD on, let alone a grain truck/semi. So even if it was ready, like 15%, I think it would be getting dumped on the field. Anyone ever dump canola on the ground?

Maybe tomorrow I'll try standing oats or wheat...

Good luck fellows...

Comment

Sounds like you really need all the luck in the world freewheat. We still have crop out, but that sounds like hell to me.

Comment

Thanks that was good, any chance she would or her sister would like my 1680 combine?

Comment

Certainly a new spin on canola seed marketing. Good one.

Comment

If you dump it on the ground you would preferably want wind protection that is for sure so pick an old yard site if you can. I have seen a canola pile blow before and you don't need a super b load blowing away.

Comment

It was an interesting video...I think alot of farm wives did not get much from their husbands this fall with the long harvest...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...