• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola quality this year? what oil and protein are you getting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola quality this year? what oil and protein are you getting

I was wondering what everyone was seeing out there for oil content & protein on their canola this year? I realize a lot is still out in the field, but what about the stuff in the bin? Is there a significant difference in Alberta / Western Sk because of the dry conditions?

Around here it does not matter. Farmers are not paid for oil content, so basically who cares? The point is moot. A this time, its only another sales angle for seed companies. I recall being in university in 1990 and the big talk was a premium for higher oil content. Never happened.

Comment

I grew a higher oil content canola were I get a premium through bunge. The higher the oil the higher the premium. Don't know today what the oil content is but i'm glad i grew it as it yeilded very well.

Comment

Extra money for oil content and good yeilds, that is excellent news. Stay close to that system!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...