• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maintenance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maintenance

I know little to nothing about websites...but this old tugboat needs some maintenance IMHO. She is getting mighty sluggish (especially on dial-up), and needs some trimming of extraneous material.

Some old message threads are HUGE and could be excised.

Just my take...but maybe I am hypercritical.

It is the slowest site that I visit and I am on highspeed.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

We are working on the software, servers and databases try to figure out how to speed up the site.

It appears that the longer the discussion thread the longer the time it takes to download...likely a database speed issue - not the easiest to fix when you did not write the code...

We will try to speed it up though and thanks for the feedback.

Joe Dales
      Farms.com Technology team.

Comment

Update on trying to speed up the Agri-ville.com site performance.

We have been doing some testing and have been careful not to disrupt the site....but have done a few things that appear to help a little...

We have reduced the number of topics in each discussion forum and this appears to be working.

We are also suggesting that if the discussion topic has alot of responses - over 30 ...it takes a long time to download so we may want to start a new topic to continue the discussion...

Thanks and keep in touch,

Joe and the Farms.com tech team.

Comment

I have noticed it has been working a little faster. Nice to see.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...