• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Feedback on High Speed Internet Service in Canada.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with Feedback on High Speed Internet Service in Canada.

I was reading an article about the growth of highspeed internet service in the USA and was wondering what the users of Agri-ville were experiencing...

Do you have access to a good highspeed Internet Service Provider?

If you are a highspeed ISP customer - what do you think of the service - pros and cons...

Do you see any extra value in the service?

Any other feedback would be welcome.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe

We were able to get wireless high speed internet about 1 1/2 years ago. We have one company with a transmitter on an old water tower and another on a big elevator. As long as you can see one of these from the roof of your house, you should be able to get service. We pay about $40/month, which is about the same as a dedicated phone line and an internet service.

There is no camparison in the service. It's basically the same difference as walking to town compared to driving! As an example, we transfer accounting file backups between farms. With the dial-up system it would usually take 10-15 minutes for the file to transfer. Now I can do it in less than 10 seconds!

Comment

Thanks Seedsman:

We have had a few other producers send in their comments.

PigFarmer2006 wrote:

"I have a high speed and love it doesn't near as long to look over the web sites I like and send and check emails."

Thanks for the info.

Joe

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...