• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet utilities

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet utilities

I'm still a bit of an internet dummy. Often when you go to an internet site you are asked if you have a certain program you need to run a download file. I don't understand if you download one of these programs where you save it to.Guess I'm confused how it interacts with the download file. Do you save it with your browser? Also concerned about viruses and although I have a virus program not sure how I setup to check these downloads Enjoy the internet but feel i'm missing features because I'm uncomfortable with downloading.

Hi Craig: I have received your message. There are two main utilities you should have - adobe acrobat and real player. Is there any others you are missing? I am currently on the road but I will try to explain after the weeked how you go about getting each. PS - If you download these from the software manufacturer sites then I would not concern myself about viruses.

Comment

To download adobe acrobat go to the link below and place in your e-mail address and name. It will prompt you to save this to your computer. Pick a folder you can remember where you saved this file. Then after it has been saved. Go to the folder it was saved in and double click the icon. Follow the instructions. The next time you come across a .pdf file you will be able to view it through your adobe acrobat reader. Good luck - let me know how it works out! Jory NOTE: Assumptions Using Windows 95 or higher Using Netscape or IE 3.0 or higher download this plug in. Once saved to your computer you will need double click on

Comment

To download Real Player 7 Basic (which is FREE) click on the link below or go to www.real.com and click on the link for Real Player 7 Basic. Again like the acrobat reader find the downloaded file and double click on this to install into your computer. NOTE: REAL PLAYER 7 PLUS IS NOT FREE CLICK ON THE LINK THAT READS REAL PLAYER 7 BASIC YOU WILL SEE IT ON THIS PAGE Again assumption Windows 95 or higher Netscape or IE 3.0 or higher Jory

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...