• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harvest Paused?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest Paused?

A 1/10", cloudy and winter like after yesterday, but got to watch Riders on TV. Record hot Saturday must have been some strange humidity for the wheat only dried 1.5%, barely dry, all day in our area! Was it like that where you are? 90% of cereals are coming off tough. Canola dry for two days. All yields vary, close to 2008, but poor harvest weather to this point. Our farm at 30%, typical for area. Last year at 70%. Much rain out there? Frost in Alberta forecasts again tonight.

Saturday wheat was down to 13.5 when we finished it. Moved to canola. Too dry to test. Yield is unbelievable so far!!

Comment

Was doing Durum till 5:30 then started to mist actually heavy mist.
      Durum was 15.1 all day its running really good. Surprised with hardly any rain this summer. Roundup sure brings in a crop. Three combines three semis one tired trucker. Were at 25% done but have a long way to go. Most the same as us.

Comment

Sunny all day near Kenossee Lake. Warm. Hardly any wind. Tomato picking weather.

Comment

Started to harvest on the tenth.70% done. Wish i could find a good hired man every year like this year. Rain today but the last of the crop needs another week and i need a few days off from pushing myself so hard in the last while. Wheat below average, canola I am happy with except the clearfield. Best canola is the last I seeded and on my worst land.

Comment

Mother nature has been playing with that pause button alot lately. If the weather holds this week, should get to 2/3 done by weeks end.

Comment

Sprinkler type day. Needed a break after days of straight cutting, get this - drum roll - not sprayed durum. It's the May 25 and on seeded crop. May 10 on flax is in the same boat. Lesson most of us have learned is that there is no need to throw spray around, but at times it has to be done. Well, not unless you have nothing to do at X-mas!!

Comment

A bit overnite wetish. Dampish. Windy. Chilly. Great day for going for a ride on my broom. Pars

Comment

Harvesting done.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...