• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cwb contract call

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cwb contract call

As of 10:00 am this morning there is a 25% call on 1, 2 & 3 Red Spring:  1, 2 & 3 Amber Durum, and 1 & 2 Red Winter.

What is the Intial price on #1 Dururm JAG??

Comment

All while in the open market you can get paid 100% of your money, on 100% of your delivery, which you can bring in 100% of the time. While at the same time getting a buck a bushel more for it than from the board.

Comment

And the sad part is the durum they called is the 2008 crop that they couldn't sell so the farmers are taking the loss on it. Not to mention there are probably not alot of durum acres combined yet - SO - in my line of thinking they could of called the last 25% on the 08-09 book and gave me my cash from the 08 crop a year and a half earlier. Makes my blood boil. Just plain incompetence.

Comment

Oh boy - oh boy, we get to haul in 25% of our wheat and get paid 60% of that - McDonalds pays way more than that!!! That will pay for alot of fert that just went up $90/tn today! Just can't wait for that check after the ten thousand deductions. Canola,peas,lentils,mustard almost everything else as gained ground or kept solid and whaet and barley has tanked and your happy about a 25% call!!
          Wheat is looking to be the biggest looser again - ten years running!

Comment

furrow I can't help wondering why you give a dam about the price of wheat or the CWB because as you stated in other posts only an idiot would grow it.

Comment

Stubblejumper....how short sighted. The more options one has on their farm, the better the opportunities. Walking away from growing board grains is not an answer to the CWB debate, it is a reactive versus proactive response. Ever wonder what prices for canola, lentils, peas etc. would be if the acres actually had to compete against wheat and barley acres. Oh but wait, that is only 25 mln acres or 30% of our land base....minimal impact is probably what you would say. The pressure from growers leaving board grains is negative to pulses & oilseeds but doesn't create any positive price pressure on board grains.

Comment

Well said Choice - we are growing some canary and winter wheat to take away from HRSW but it is still a part of our rotaion - and yeah, I may be an idiot but only B/C I thought there may be a slim chance that the borg may come through, but to no avail they have fallin flat on "our" face yet again. Hope that the borg can bring us a premium is like beliveing in tinkerbell - enough said!! BTW - ADM is hungry for Canola and willing to deal - go figure!! There is no canola left to fill curent demand for that silly single use cooking oil.Stick that Agstump!

Comment

Furrow:

crushers have been out to lunch on new crop basis and cannto be covered ...

elevators have kicked their butt getting covered on new crop

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...