• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask finance minister comments

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask finance minister comments

Just yesterday I heard on the news the Sask finance minister state that a huge part of the budget was in trouble due to lack of potash sales. I didn't quite catch the amount but was some where in the 25% of revenue range I believe. Anyhow what ever the number, the minister stated that many projects including schools and hospitals etc were in jeopardy of not going ahead as scheduled.
    So what is really being said is that farmer money whether local or otherwise is still the backbone of building this province. that's just potash alone. I am so sick of the bullshit comments of nearly all politicians certainly the parties as a whole as to not being able to fund farm families in times of drought, low prices, high input prices etc. etc. The statements made by these a-holes when they hire all these administrators to run these useless programs to trickle meaningless amounts of money is that farmers are recieving "so much subsidies, in fact we cannot afford these subsidies" when in fact what they really cannot afford is when we don't spend our money or have money to spend, when farmers are in trouble we are not asking for anyone else's money but rather some of our own money back.

well said! just clean it up and send it to the producer, people need to remember this.

Comment

But the SK government has hundereds of millions of dollars to move CAIS to Melville and hire who? You won't believe what management is coming.

Comment

Taxpayers should ask how many hundreds of millions of dollars it is costing to move the entire CAIS office to Melville when there is a perfectly good one operating in Regina. And then ask who they are hiring to manage the one in Melville.

Comment

Present CAIS administration is done out of Winnipeg, not Regina.

Comment

Winnipeg is the head office for CAIS presently, but there is a satellite office in Regina which has employed up to 100 workers since 2000. Winnipeg is the centre of the ag universe, isn't it?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...