• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it freezes Tuesday morning what will you harvest.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it freezes Tuesday morning what will you harvest.

I checked all our fields today for kernel stage, seed size, and peas if can split. We would harvest peas, loose about 20%. Durum would make one ugly #5 one ugly #5, Hrs 1000 would make some kind of feed but very light. Other couple would be plowed under. Barley would make light feed. Oats would sell last years left overs and burn the rest. Flax would bale and burn. Canola would not harvest one acre. Seed is still mushy.
    Funny elevators are phoning trying to get our last years crop. HA HA HA HA. and then where would my bargaining power go.
    Simply the Deere's would get very few hours this year. Eddy match couple of packs.
    Few sleepless nights. Oh yea it rained tonight again. Funny how that is.

Frost doesn't much matter at this point. We're going to be working against ourselves and for crop insurance anyways. Haven't had more than 3 inches of rain since the snow left. Went through the 30 temps with a couple tenths here and there. Can't even stir up a shower to smell nice. Have some canola plowed down and some thats just hitting full bloom. Stress? What stress? Maybe the frost will give us some cow feed??

Comment

Frustrated we were like you sort of the tap turned off in January and just started again. Joke around was even the richest guy couldnt buy a rain. This crop is late its Ok but way late.

Comment

If it freezes here in n.e.sask. in the next 10 days, they will be very little salvgeable crop.
        Has any one had experince with hail insurance after a frost.I'm wondering how much if any coverage is still in effect.

Comment

Crop insurance is not fun after an Aug frost. 2004 was the most frusterating fall we have ever had, due to an early frost and crop ins. I do not wish that om anyone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...